Thursday, September 29, 2022

NSS set to become an employable agency – Assibey

The Executive Director of the National Service Scheme (NSS), Osei Assibey Antwi, has said that the scheme will soon be an employable agency.

According to him in a delivery speech at the 2021/22 La Dade-Kotopon Municipality National Service Personnel Association (NASPA) election and orientation at Burma Camp in Accra, he explained that, after careful checks on the statistics being available to him, only 24 percent Personnels finds job after completing the service, while the whole remaining 76 percent struggle to find job and even ends up jobless.

“Per our records, only 24 percent of National Service Personnel reliably find jobs while a whole 76 percent end up jobless at the end of each service year, so we are using this programme to work on the numbers to turn the figures around”, he said.

He however added that there have been more innovative programmes like Pathways to Sustainable Employment (PaSE), project Ghana Tech Lab (GTL), Construction and Housing project that have been rolled out to most Personnels for them to acquire more skills and secure jobs after service..

Meanwhile, under GNSS/Ghana Export promotion Authority, 63 Personnels are being trained in entrepreneurship and other skills required to create products and services to be exported.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

0FansLike
6FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles